Jump to the main content block


A- A A+
Applicants should prepare documentary proofs as follows.
  • Vehicle owner's proofs of identification:
    1. Registration for individuals: original copies of ID Cards, military ID Cards, alien residence certificates.
    2. Registration for organizations, schools and institutions: official certificates of the organizations, schools or institutions and a uniform number distributed by the finance and tax competent authority should be submitted.
    3. Registration for companies and businesses: the company or commercial registration documents and photocopies of business registration certificates along with a uniform number distributed by the finance and tax competent authority should be submitted. If the mentioned documents submitted is photocopy, applicant should submit recent Proof of Tax Payment.
    4. Registration for professional practice: a photocopy of ID Card of the person in charge of professional practice and documentary proofs of business or certificates issued by the association he person belongs to, as well as a notification with a uniform number, should be submitted.
Processing Approach Apply at the counter Venue
  • 1st floor at the Headquarters –telephone no: (07) 361-3161 Ext. 105.106
  • –telephone no.: (07)225-7812 Ext. 105.106
  • cle registration fee is NT$ 200..
  • Those who have not paid unconcluded fines for disobeying traffic regulations or Compulsory Automobile Liability Insurance Act, or accumulated debts for fuel fee should pay off the debts first. A buyer limited to a natural person of a private vehicle) who has not paid off unconcluded fines for drunk-driving also needs to pay off the fines. For applying for transfer within one month after the above-mentioned debts are cleared, a person needs to bring a receipt of the current debt payment.
  • If the period from the car manufacturing year has reached over ten years or the vehicle was once stolen and then found, the vehicle owner needs to conduct a provisional inspection at highways supervision authorities. If an inspection has not been conducted within an assigned inspection date, the vehicle owner needs to apply for a periodic inspection first.
  • If a vehicle loan is set, please apply for cancellation of registration first.
  • Transfer and license plate submission and cancellation are not accepted within three working days after a license plate for a new car is received.
  • For individual purchase of private small trucks (a driving license of light vehicle needs to be enclosed), the professions are limited to agriculture, forestry, fishery, animal husbandry, aquaculture, carpentry, cement worker, painter, cleaner, plumber, electrician, domestic handyman, and vendor. Only “one” vehicle is allowed to be purchased. Required documentary proofs according to different occupations are as follows.
    1. A documentary proof issued by the vocational association; land ownership certificates for agriculture, fishery, animal husbandry, aquaculture, and planting or registration certificates of vessels, ranches, gardening areas or forest farms shall be presented; a stall keeper should enclose a certificate of a fixed-position stall issued by the Market Administration Office or a public or private market administrative committee.
    2. If a person devoting him or herself to agriculture or helping on an agricultural farm cannot show a land ownership certificate, he or she can show a photocopy of a land ownership certificate of a direct blood relative or spouse, and the ID Card or a household certificate.
    3. If an individual is a traveling worker without a fixed employer and cannot supply a documentary proof issued by the vocational association, the person concerned can sign an affidavit and have two guarantors sign on the affidavit to apply for a letter of guarantee of private small truck driver. The person concerned needs to bring original ID Cards of the concerned parties (the guarantors need to be R.O.C. citizens of over 20 years old and able to take full legal responsibility). The person concerned and the guarantors also need to live in the same village or neighborhood, except when they are first- or second-degree relatives. Photocopies of the guarantors' ID Cards can be substituted for the original copies with the note of “The photocopy and the original copy are the same. If there is fault, I am willing to take legal responsibility.”).
  • If a company or business applies for three license plates or more for private small trucks; it is required to be under the limitation of the volume of business of the recent two months.
  • Vehicles sealed up by courts, or forbidden any change informed by judicial authorities or tax authorities are prohibited from transfer registration unless cancellation is conducted.
  • A vehicle owner below 18 years old should bring his or her legal representative's original ID Card (that is, the parent's ID Card) and the legal representative's letter of agreement.
  • Transfer of a commercial vehicle should follow the regulations governing the transport industry.
  • When a vehicle owner deceases, his or her heir should proceed the transfer by enclosing:
    1. the probate certified by the court, a certificate of segmentation of shared property, an agreement statement giving up the inheritance, or the resolution from a family meeting;
    2. a vehicle's owner's household certificate transcription (this is exempted if the probate certified by the court is enclosed);
    3. the certificate of estate tax payment or estate tax exemption or a certificate of exclusions from the gross estate (this is exempted if the probate certified by the court is enclosed).
  • The transfer registration for a private large vehicle is not accepted.
  • Linya Station does not accept applications involving commercial vehicles and private large vehicles.
  • When applying for vehicle license plates, a foreign worker should enclose an alien residence certificate, a driving license and an employer's letter of agreement.
Visitors: 325 Update Date: 109-07-02 Maintenance Unit: Vehicle Management Section, Kaohsiung City Motor Vehicles Office