To meet the situation in which Taiwan has officially allowed import and new license for heavy-duty motorcycles of over 150cc since joining WTO for half year, from July 1, 2002 onwards, driving licenses of heavy-duty motorcycles are divided into categories as follows:
1. a driving license of original heavy-duty motorcycle (over 50 ㏄ and less than 250 ㏄ )
2. a driving license of large heavy-duty motorcycle (over 250 ㏄ )
3. A. Relevant regulations about driving license tests are as follows.
(1) A driving license test for original heavy-duty motorcycle: its procedure still follows the regulations about driving license tests and receiving driving license made before July 1, 2002 (please read the above-listed Question 3 & 4).
(2) (Before Jul y 1, 2002, those who received a driving license of heavy-duty motorcycle should, before its expiry date, renew the driving license of original heavy-sized motorcycle. If a person does not apply for renewal stipulated by the regulations, he or she cannot drive using the old license.)
B. A driving license test of large heavy-duty motorcycle:
(1) Application qualification:
(2) Age: needs to be twenty years old or above. There is no limitation on oldest age.
(3) Experience: Needs to hold a driving license of original heavy-duty motorcycle with over-on e-year experience and also to complete a driving program in a driving training institution accredited by the Government.
(4) If you would like to register a test, please directly contact the following Training Institute:
Training Institute, Directorate General of Highways, MOTC
02-22223600, No. 79 Section 3, Zhong-shan Road, Zhonghe Dist., New Taipei City
Central Region Training Center, Training Institute, Directorate General of Highways, MOTC
049-2339171, No.300, Guangming 1st Rd., Nantou City, Nantou County
Southern Region Training Center, Training Institute, Directorate General of Highways, MOTC
07-6117101, No.120, Gonglu Ln., Lilin E. Rd., Qiaotou Dist., Kaohsiung City