Periodic Renewal of License
Applicants should prepare documentary proofs as follows.
- Original copy of vehicle registration.
- Motor insurance certificate (The period of valid insurance must be over 30 days. If there is any further question, please contact Financial Supervisory Commission, Executive Yuan at 0800-221783).
Apply at the counter or by mail (for whose vehicle registration is in the following 11 Districts：Xinxing, Qianjin, Linya, Yancheng, Gushan, Qijin, Qianzhen, Sanmin, Nanzi, Xiaogang, Zuoying of Kaohsiung City ).
- 1st floor at the Headquarters –telephone no.: (07) 361-3161 Ext. 105.106
- ion–telephone no.: (07)225-7812 Ext. 105.106
- rcycle's vehicle registration fee is NT$ 150. Fuel fee collected every two years is collected at the same time.
Fuel fees collected every two year are as follows.
- Below 50 C .C. NT$ 600
- Below 50 C .C. NT$ 600
- 51 – 125 C .C. NT$ 900
- 126 – 250 C .C. NT$ 1,200
- 251 – 500 C .C. NT$ 1,800
- 501 – 600 C .C. NT$ 2,400
- 601 – 1200 C .C. NT$ 3,600
- Above 1200 C .C. NT$ 4,020
- Those who have not paid unconcluded fines for disobeying traffic regulations, regulations governing environmental protection, or Compulsory Automobile Liability Insurance Act, or accumulated debts for vehicle license tax and fuel fee should pay off the debts first.
- Those whose vehicle was stolen and then found need to arrange for an inspection at motor vehicle offices first. If passing the inspection, they can apply for renewal of vehicle registration.
- According to Article 40 of the Air Pollution Protection Act, if a vehicle does not conduct a periodic inspection for emissions causing air pollution or it is not qualified after second inspection, renewal of a vehicle registration will be forbidden. (If there is any further question, please contact Environmental Protection Bureau of each county or city where your vehicle registration place is. In Kaohsiung City , please contact Environmental Protection Bureau of Kaohsiung City at 07-3373400 Ext. The First Section.)
- Pay the Fee at convenient stores
The renewal fee can be paid in convenient stores (7-ELEVEN, Hi-Life, Family Mart or OK)，just touch keys on the screen of Multi-Media Kiosk, print out the payment sheet, and pay at the counter. it’s no need to mail any document to us. Please keep the receipt until the new license is received, you maybe need it for enquiry or show to a police officer who ask you to show valid license.
- Those whose vehicle registration is in the mentioned 11 districts of Kaohsiung City are eligible to apply for renewal by mail. Please enclose the fee (by postal giro), required documentary proofs, and a self-addressed envelope (write down the addressee's name, detailed address and telephone number). Send the application via registered mail to Postal License Renewal Subsection, of the Headquarters of Kaohsiung City Motor Vehicle Office(No. 71, Deming Road, Nanzi District, Kaohsiung City) or Postal License Renewal Subsection of Linya Station, Kaohsiung City Motor Vehicle Office, (No. 22, Ankang Road, Linya District, Kaohsiung City).
- Postal giro: Account number: “42239471” (Pay to: “高雄市區監理所行照專戶”).
- Amount of remittance: NT$ 232(including NT$200 for vehicle registration fee ,postage $25 and NT$7 for commission charge. If documentary proofs are not complete and thus returned, the commission charge, NT$7, deducted by the post office will not be refunded) . Please keep the receipt until the new license is received, you maybe need it for enquiry or show to a police officers who ask you to show valid license.
- If the post office's service counter cannot transfer the remittance for some reason, please ask the counter staff to contact Kaohsiung Sixth Branch Post Office (Nanzi Post Office).