Applicants should prepare documentary proofs as follows.
- Vehicle owner's proofs of identification:
Registration for individuals: original ID Cards, household certificates, or alien residence certificates
- Original copy of vehicle registration.
- Motor insurance certificate (the period of valid insurance must be over 30 days)
- One copy of “Changes in the Registration for Automobile (Motorcycle)” (Download the form).
- If a vehicle owner entrusts an agent to handle these matters, please enclose the agent's ID Card.
Apply at the counter or via correspondence
- 1st floor at the Headquarters –telephone no.: (07)361-3161 Ext. 105.106
- on – telephone no.: (07)225-7812 Ext. 105.106
- en a vehicle registration reaches its expiry date, its owner needs to renew the plate license and pays license fee NT$200.
- Those who have not paid unconcluded fines for disobeying traffic regulations or Compulsory Automobile Liability Insurance, or accumulated debts for fuel fee should pay off these debts first. When applying for change within one month after the above-mentioned debts are cleared, a person needs to bring receipts of the current debt payment.
- If a vehicle fails to be inspected within an assigned period, its owner need to conduct an inspection first. If the inspection is passed, he can apply for change.
- If a vehicle is involved with chattel secured transaction registration, a letter of agreement from its owner should be enclosed (the content of the agreement needs to demonstrate a full understanding of Transactions for Movable Property and Article 4 of its Enforcement Rules), and a fee NT$ 450 should be paid.
- In the case of correspondence, please enclose the required documentary proofs and a self-addressed stamped envelope (affix stamps of NT$ 25, and write down the addressee' name, detail address and telephone number). Send the application via registered mail to our Office (No. 71, Deming Road ,Nanzi District, Kaohsiung City ) or Linya Station (No. 22, Ankang Road , Linya District, Kaohsiung City ).
- Linya Station does not accept applications for commercial vehicles, private large vehicles or vehicles with chattel secured transaction registration
G. Southern Branch Office does not accept applications for commercial vehicles, private large vehicles or vehicles with chattel secured transaction registration.