Jump to the main content block

Reissue of Lost (Damaged) Vehicle Registration

A- A A+
Applicants should prepare documentary proofs as follows.
  • Vehicle owner's proofs of identification: Registration for individuals: original copies of ID Cards, military ID Cards, alien residence certificates.
  • Seals
  • Motor insurance certificate (the period of valid insurance must be over 30 days.)
  • Damaged old vehicle registration (its submission is not needed if it is lost.)
  • Vehicle Owner's duplicate receipt of original “New Motorcycle License Plate Registration Form.
  • Changes in the Registration for Automobile (Motorcycle)” in duplicate (Download the form).
  • If a vehicle owner entrusts an agent to handle matters, the agent's ID card and stamp need to be shown.
Processing Approach Apply at the counter Venue
  • 1st floor at Headquarters –telephone no.: (07) 361-3161 Ext. 105.106
  • –telephone no: (07)225-7812  Ext. 105.106
  • Motorcycle vehicle registration fee is NT$ 150. For a vehicle license to be expired or past valid period, fuel fees collected every two years are also collected.
    Fuel fees collected every two years are as follows.
    1. Below 50 C .C. NT$ 600
    2. 51 - 125 C .C. NT$ 900
    3. 126 - 250 C .C. NT$ 1,200
    4. 251 - 500 C .C. NT$ 1,800
    5. 501 - 600 C .C. NT$ 2,400
    6. 601 - 1200 C .C. NT$ 3,600
    7. Above 1200 C .C. NT$ 4,020
  • Those who have not paid unconcluded fines for disobeying traffic regulations, regulations governing environmental protection, or Compulsory Automobile Liability Insurance Act, or accumulated debts for vehicle license tax and fuel fee should pay off the debts first.
  • Those whose vehicle was stolen and then found need to arrange for an inspection of the vehicle at motor vehicle offices. If passing the inspection, they can apply for reissue of vehicle registration.
  • Reissuing a license plate registration is limited to vehicles under the jurisdiction of our office.
Visitors: 453 Update Date: 109-07-02 Maintenance Unit: Vehicle Management Section, Kaohsiung City Motor Vehicles Office